Friday, April 22, 2011

Lauren Waves, Kayla Eats Sandwiches

I wanted to do this post with some pictures, but unfortunately, I've misplaced my USB cord and can't download anything off my camera.

I did want to share two recent proud moments with everyone. The post title says it all.

Lauren is waving to us! And she has the biggest, biggest smile when she does this! We are all savoring and enjoying this new milestone...we've been waiting a very very very long time for this!! We have her waving hi and bye to us all day long.

We've finally moved off kraft dinner for Kayla's lunches and onto cold cut sandwiches! Since September, its been Kraft dinner at least 3-4 times/week for lunch. The rest of the week is either pizza day at school or just plain rice with peas. Everything else I pack always came right back to me untouched. But one day, I just decided to pack a sandwich to see what she would do with it. She likes cold cuts and bread, so why not? Well who would believe it, but the sandwich did not come home for her. I was astonished and spoke to the teacher (making sure she did not toss it in the garbage) and the teacher told me she finishes it every day!! Yay! I've been waiting 8 months for this! So I've been experimenting with cold cut ham, turkey, chicken - she eats it all!

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...